Lemon #22. Sales time
While reading the Balderton B2B Sales playbook, I learned some key points about sales ramp up time:
- For enterprise SaaS ramp up time can be around 6 months on average; for SMBs SaaS that time is reduced to 3 months.
- Ramping up time is an important factor to consider as it is a «hidden» cost for your business – base salaries are paid fully and resources are allocated to the sales person.
- Investing in training is a great way to reduce ramp up time – while it might look like an even higher upfront cost, it is more of an investment, as a good initial training program can considerably reduce ramp up time.
- Thinking of a sales academy for your sales team is a good idea.
- You cannot help people leaving your sales organisation, but you should try to hold on to your best people as it can have a much larger effect on the cost of churn.
- Integrate recruiting with growth strategy: you should always have a pipeline of potential good candidates to move forward fast.
- Offering a good career progression is another way to keep and attract talent.
The details @ The Balderton B2B sales playbook.