Lemon #98. Some thinking to become a CEO
While reading ‘CEOFlow’ from Aaron Ross, we learned about some thoughts to become better CEOs. Aaron Ross says:
It all begins with you and what your vision is for yourself as a person who is more than just «the CEO». You’re not your job.
Reflect on your Ideal Work and what your personal, Unique Genius is. Your business is supposed to help you get what you want from life, so get clear on that first.
Spend some time writing about reflecting on your «ideal work», your dream business. If you could create any business, or reshape your current one, how would it feel, what would it look like and do?
Start creating a new vision that your business and employees can evolve into over time by answering these questions:
- Do you want to be a CEO, or do you want a different role at some point?
- What parts of your work drain you, and what energizes you?
- What would be your ideal «day in a life»?
- Who are your ideal clients?
- What kinds of people are your ideal employees?
- How many hours a week do you want to work?
- How long do you want to own or be in the business?
- How many employees do you want to have? Do you want a larger company or a smaller, leaner team? (Bigger and more employees is not necessarily better)
- If you could be assured of success at doing anything, what would it be?
- Do you have other passions that you can bring into work?
Aaron Ross @ CEOFlow.