Lemon #84. What
While Reading “Factfulness” from Hans Rosling, we learned that when we take a decision or have an opinion, we do have our own subjective reality.
Besides, even if we are aware that we are subjective it is difficult to change our perspective.
The following lines have the same length, but it is quite difficult for us, even if we know it, to see it. Only when we measure it, we believe it. That is why it is important to rely on data and facts to take decisions.
We would like you to take this test as fast as possible:
- In all low-income countries across the world today, how many girls finish primary school?
- Where does most of the world population live?
- Low-income countries
- Middle-income countries
- High-income countries
- In the last 20 years, the proportion of the world population living in extreme poverty has…
- Almost doubled
- Remained more or less the same
- Almost halved
- What is the life expectancy of the world today?
- 50 years
- 60 years
- 70 years
- There are 2 billion children in the world today, aged 0 to 15 years old. How many children will there be in the year 2100?
- 4 billion
- 3 billion
- 2 billion
- The UN predicts that by 2100 the world population will have increased by another 4 billion people. What is the main reason?
- There will be more children
- There will be more adults
- There will be more vey old people
- How did the number of deaths per year from natural disaster change over the last hundred years?
- More than Doubled
- Remained the same
- Decreased to left than half
- There are 7 billion people in the world today. Where do they live?
- 1 billion Americas, 1 billion Europe, 1 billion Africa, 4 billion Asia & Australia.
- 1 billion Americas, 1 billion Europe, 2 billion Africa, 3 billion Asia & Australia.
- 2 billion Americas, 1 billion Europe, 1 billion Africa, 3 billion Asia & Australia.
- How many of the world’s 1-year-old children today have been vaccinated against some disease?
- In 1996, tigers, giant pandas and black rhinos were all listed as endangered. How many of these three species are more critically endangered today?
- Two of them
- One of them
- None of them
- How many people in the world have some access to electricity?
Probably you have not answered all the questions properly, and this is because we have 10 Instincts that influence our thoughts.
Answers: c, b, c, c, c, b, c, a, c, c, c.
Hans Rosling @ Factfulness.