Lemon #123. Questions to be answered in a demo
While reading ‘Product Demos That Sell’ from Steli Efti, we learned about the ideal questions to be answered in a SaaS demo:
Ideally, you want to create your own list of questions that work best for your sales needs, but here are some questions to get you started:
- Why is the prospect interested in your solution?
- How are they currently trying to achieve this?
- What do they want improved?
- Have they used a similar product in the past?
- What other products are they evaluating?
- Who are the stakeholders involved in the deal?
- How are they evaluating your solution, which KPIs do they want your product to push?
It’s worth investing some time upfront into formulating a set of questions.
Remember that most of your qualifying questions should be open-ended.
Why questions: Asking ‘why’ will reveal a prospect’s beliefs and motivations. If a prospect tells you that they need to be able to split test email campaigns, ask them why that’s important to them.
Steli Efti @ Product Demos That Sell.