Lemon #23. Case study: a
While reading the Balderton B2B Sales playbook, I learned some of the key points about how a high velocity SaaS company works from marketing to sales and timing:
- Inbound target at c.70%
- Strong focus on having a predictable pipeline and controlling conversion rates.
- Moved inbound interest forward selectively to avoid wasting time.
- Common marketing strategies include webinars, partnerships, add words, and events.
- The first SDR email is personalised, but based on a template to boost efficiency.
- Two first contacts are often done by email, then goes the phone call. Having c. 5-10 touch points with SDR is normal to properly understand the prospect’s needs before passing to the AE phase.
- The AE does the demo, offers a trial (1 week on average) and encourages usage.
- To reduce ramping up time, a sales academy was implemented. SDRs used to take 6 months to ramp up and that time has been reduced since the sales academy was put in place.
- During the first 2 weeks to 1 month, productivity from SDRs was low.
The details @ The Balderton B2B Sales playbook.