Lemon #19. A perfect B2B
While reading the Balderton B2B Sales playbook, I learned how a perfect B2B outbound Sales machine works. Here’s the basics:
- Market Development Reps (MDR): focused on market research, qualifying companies, responding to inbounds leads and delivering companies to the Sales Development Reps.
- Sales Development Reps (SDR): focused on generating leads for outbound sales, prospecting the ideal customer profile and scheduling meetings that will be taken by the Account Executives.
- Sales Engineers (for technical products): focused on answering all technical questions and providing support to AEs in the field.
- Account Executives (AE): focused on getting the customer commitment and closing the sale.
- Onboarders (ONB): focused on integrating clients and achieving first use.
- Customer Success Managers (CSM): focused on orchestrating the customer experience and ensuring satisfaction. They’re also focused on potential cross-selling and up-selling opportunities together with the account manager.
- Account Managers (AM): focused on helping the customer grow their use of the product internally, primarily for the purposes of cross & up-sell as well as for engagement reasons.
- Head or VP of Sales: focused on leading the sales team and working with other cross-functions to establish target quotas, compensation, and the optimal team structure.
The basics @ The Balderton B2B Sales Playbook.