Lemon #31. A magic for solving worry situations
While reading «How to stop worrying and start living», this is what we learned:
When you get worried, remember that worry won’t get you anywhere. I figured out a way to handle my problem without worrying. It’s simple. Anyone can use it. It consists of three steps:
- Step I. Analyse the situation fearlessly and honestly and figure out what is the worst that can possibly happen as a result of a failure.
- Step II. After figuring out what is the worst that can possibly happen, reconcile yourself to accepting it, if necessary. After accepting this, you’ll immediately relax and feel a sense of peace.
- Step III. From that time on, calmly devote your time and energy to trying to improve upon the worst which you have already accept mentally.
When we worry, our minds jump here and there and everywhere, and we lose all power of decision. However, when we force ourselves to face the worst and accept it mentally, we then eliminate all those vague imagining and put ourselves in a position in which we are able to concentrate on our problem.
Lin Yutang said: «True peace of mind comes from accepting the worst». That means that when we have accepted the worst, we have nothing more to lose. And that automatically means we have everything to gain.
So, once you’re worried:
- Ask yourself: «What’s the worst can possibly happen?»
- Prepare to accept it if you have to.
- Then calmly proceed to improve on the worst.
Dale Carnegie @ How to stop worrying and start living.